Westair Flying School, Engineering and
Corporate Aviation Services
** Latest news “737Pro The UK’s best simulator experience – here at Westair“**
Westair Flying School
Return to Flight Training 4th July 2020
In line with CAA and Government recommendations the Flying School went into lock down on 23rd March 2020 and since then flying lessons and solo hire have not been permitted.
Given the easing of COVID-19 restrictions by the Government we have been advised we can return to flight training at Westair but there will still be restrictions and cross infection control to manage the risk of infection. We will have to limit the number of people allowed in our premises and introduce measures to reduce the risk of cross infection. The measures are in line with Government and CAA recommendations for the reopening of flying schools.
The general principles are:
- We will reopen on Saturday the 4th July 2020.
- We will operate 5 days a week and will be closed on Mondays and Fridays
- There will initially only be one instructor on duty (Stuart Chambers) and there will be only 4 training slots a day.
- There will be 5 self hire slots for PPL solo flight.
- We will allow self hire of aircraft for qualified PPL/LAPL pilots subject to a check ride with an instructor.
- Students will be able to take written exams.
- No payments will be taken on the day and everyone will have to have sufficient funds on account in advance of the flight. Invoices will be emailed out after each flight.
- The CAA have recommended that to prevent cross infection all pilots must provide their own headset. If you want to buy one, Westair can supply a Pooleys Headset for £134.50.
Do not contact the school before you have read the full briefing – click here
Westair Flying Services has been operating in Blackpool for over 70 years and has extensive experience in all aspects of aviation.
During that time Westair Flying School has trained hundreds of people to fly, including many who have gone on to fly commercially for some of the most prestigious airlines around the world.
Westair Flying School offers CPL, PPL, LAPL, NPPL, FI (R), IR(R) & Night Rating training and renewals at an affordable price with quality instruction.
We offer a range of Trial Flying lessons and popular Half Day Flying Experience are ideal for both those eager to commence their flying careers or as memorable gifts for family, friends and work colleagues.
Our Engineering Department provides high quality maintenance at our facilities at Blackpool Airport and Barton City Airport, with experienced engineers that have a combined man-hours totalling more than 170 years!
We can also offer bespoke Corporate Aviation Solutions, tailor-made to suit you, as well as assisting with aircraft sales and hangarage.